Holmbush Farm World currently welcomes dozens of schools and playgroups each year and its highly experienced team is well-trained in meeting the requirements of the National Curriculum Key Stages.
We have established a reputation for helping early-years educators bring science teaching to life and have a passion for improving the next generation’s understanding of the living world.
The farm prides itself on its strong relationships with local communities and has ensured its team is fully accredited and qualified to meet all the health and safety pressures that can so often blight efforts to give kids that essential hands-on experience.
All educational initiatives at the farm have also been designed to be fun. Every year, new attractions are added to encourage healthy active play in a safe, child-friendly environment, with lots of opportunities for learning through traditional and imaginative play.
Please contact us for one of our dedicated teacher packs or call us for further advice and information on how to get the most from an educational farm visit.
• An introductory lecture for each individual group
• Practical group demonstrations, such as cow milking and goat milking
• Hands-on experience such as rabbit-handling, pony grooming and bottle feeding lambs and goat kids (seasonal)
• Seasonal demonstrations such as lambing and sheep shearing
• Tractor rides - specially tailored to the National Curriculum to provide an educational and fun experience
We aim to structure all visits to your individual needs and teachers are more than welcome to visit in advance for a preview and planning meeting.
We aim to be educational, informative and fun. Holmbush Farm World is a resource on your doorstep - it’s where the countryside becomes the classroom.
Planning a fundraising event for your organization? more
call us on: 01293 851 110
or email us at: